Charge your single-cell lithium ion/polymer battery any which way you
like with this board. Have a USB connection? No problem, just plug into
the miniUSB connector. Only have a wall adapter? Any standard 2.1mm DC
adapter which puts out 5 to 12VDC will work fine. If both are plugged
in, the charger will automatically choose whichever has the highest
Other nice things about this charger include multiple LEDs for power
& charging status, including a charging LED which will blink when
the battery is full. If the charger gets too hot from high-speed
charging, it will slow down the charge rate automatically. You can
easily adjust the charge rate up to 1.2A or down to 100mA.
We also toss in an free JST cable!
- Use USB or DC power - 5 to 12V input
- Charges one single-cell 3.7/4.2v batteries (not for older 3.6/4.1v cells) with constant current/constant voltage
- Three indicator LEDs - green for Power, orange for charging and red for error
- Charging LED will blink when the battery is full
- You don't have to worry about heat dissipation in the charger, even
when plugging in a 12V DC power jack - thermal protection inside will
slow down the charge rate to prevent damage
- 2 JST connections so you can keep the battery plugged in and powering your project
- Terminal block connections galore (if you don't like JST connectors) just solder in 3.5mm terminal blocks
- Default charge rate is about 280mA, but you can easily change this
by soldering in a through-hole resistor on. The chip can do 100-1200 mA
- Safety timer will stop charging after about 14 hours
- The chip supports a standard 10K thermistor, which we have stuffed as a standard resistor. You can solder in a thermistor easily
- Lots of information in the datasheet for the MCP73861
- Fully assembled, tested and comes with a free JST cable
- Schematic available for your perusal
- Dimensions: 1.75" x 1.6"
, USB cable
and DC power plug
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 15 March, 2012.